Job Title: GreenKids Virginia Environmental Educator
Supervisor: GreenKids Director
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Standard Hours: Part-Time (up to 24 hours per week)
Pay: $20 – $22 per hour, based on experience
The GreenKids Virginia Environmental Educator is a part-time environmental education specialist who delivers various aspects of the Audubon Naturalist Society’s GreenKids program to participating public schools with the goals of engaging students with the natural world, helping teachers feel comfortable with outdoor lessons, and integrating environmental education into school curricula. The current focus of the Audubon Naturalist Society’s GreenKids program in Virginia is pre-K Headstart and STEP programs, as well as early elementary grades in Title 1 schools in the Sterling, VA area.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 20th. Anticipated start date is mid-July to mid-August. Research shows that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they feel that they meet 100% of the qualifications. If this role sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to apply. ANS is committed to building a diverse team that draws on the strengths of people with a variety of identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and teach hands-on GreenKids lessons at schools
- Assist GreenKids Director with lesson refinement and teacher training
- Collaborate with school system partners to enhance environmental education at schools
- Schedule and coordinate contract naturalists and volunteers
- Submit monthly progress reports with documentation of all GreenKids activities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least two years of experience in environmental education
- Experience working with young children
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written (including electronic) communication skills
- Proficiency with PowerPoint
- Ability to lift bins of lesson materials up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to navigate stairs while carrying lesson materials
- Ability to drive and access to a car that can transport large bins of lesson materials
- Ability to speak, hear and use a personal computer for standard business communications