Environmental Educator/Lecture Coordinator – Ladew Gardens
September 28, 2018
Job Summary: Help promote an awareness, understanding and appreciation for the natural world. Coordinate, plan and teach hands-on, environmental education and garden-related programs to children, adults and families.
- Coordinate fall and spring lectures
- Staff Ladew’s Adult Education Committee
- Manage Ladew’s speaker’s bureau
- Assist with training college interns and volunteer program leaders
- Teach visiting school groups from pre-school to high school
- Plan and teach summer nature camps
- Help coordinate, plan, teach weekend and evening family programs and events
Other Responsibilities, as needed:
- Participate in various outreach programs throughout the community
- Support the education and administrative staff with social media posts, answering phones, marketing/advertising programs, program registration, budgeting, writing articles and grants
- Assist in the coordination and oversight of Ladew’s native butterfly house and garden
- Assist with garden and trail maintenance
- Passion for environmental education and the natural world
- Bachelor’s degree in education, biology or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Experience and enthusiasm for teaching children and adults
- Good organizational, administrative and computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and willingness to learn other computer programs
- Experience in designing and implementing environmental education curricula and activities
- Friendly, flexible, creative, self-motivated personality with good communication skills
- Ability to walk for up to two consecutive hours and lift heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and the names and contact info of three references to Education Director, Sheryl Pedrick. email@example.com.