We are hiring passionate environmentalists and activists to help build grassroots momentum around environmental public advocacy campaigns! During election years, we work hard to do the same for strong progressive candidates at the local, state and federal level.
Clean Water Action is mobilizing our members to put pressure on the US Congress and Executive Branch to enact strong environmental and public health protections. We’re also working on the local environmental fights happening right here in our state! Here in Maryland we are working to provide funding for Baltimore City residents who experience sewage backups, end subsidies for trash incineration, promote composting initiatives across the state, and many more environmental and justice initiatives on behalf of our communities!
In this role, you’ll develop your professional organizing skills to build power for our grassroots campaigns on winning stronger protection of rivers, lakes, and streams from industrial pollution, and getting the best candidates for the environment put in office.
One of Clean Water Action key goals is our commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We are work to recognize and address ways in which racism has affected our organization. Taking steps to eliminate these oppressions from our organization and its operations will aid our work to end racism in society.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- Strong verbal communication skills, especially with one-on-one interactions
- Good attention to detail
- Team-oriented attitude
- Interest in environmental or social justice issues, non-profit work, or politics. We provide extensive training on the job responsibilities and the issues we cover. There are opportunities for travel to conferences and other offices in our network, and the potential for long-term growth within the organization.
This position is in Baltimore, Maryland. This position is not remote.
- The hours are from 1:30pm-9pm. (All positions)
- Full-time: Work days are Monday-Friday
- Part-time: 3 days of your choice, Monday-Friday.
- Internship: Ask for 3 month commitment, FT or PT, Monday-Friday.
- Able to provide COVID vaccination documentation.
- Experience with canvassing and political organizing is a big plus!
What’s in it for you?
- Starting rate of $17+ bonus.
- Work with an industry leading environmental Non-Profit.
- Relaxed, fun, and casual workplace culture.
- Paid training.
- Gain knowledge of local politics, campaign strategies, and environmental issues.
- Enhanced benefits available for employees who work 21+ hours a week.
Want to be an immediate candidate? Top of the pile?
*As an equal opportunity employer, Clean Water Action is dedicated to non-discrimination in every aspect of employment. No person is to be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other ground prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. This equal opportunity policy applies to veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotions, terminations, pay, and the work environment.
*Clean Water Action adheres to all the principles of professional practice set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers. This is a paid internship. Base pay does vary slightly from one office to another, but in all of our locations, Clean Water Action complies with all FLSA and applicable state labor requirements.