Clean Water Action is looking for dedicated & passionate environmental leaders!
We are hiring experienced activists that wish to grow within the organization and the movement. Our Grassroots Management Trainee positions are open to those who want to select the fast-track to develop into Field Managers and Canvass Directors. This is an ideal full-time, entry-level role for people entering a nonprofit career track with previous activism experience and ambitious career goals.
Over the course of a year, you will learn the basics of civic engagement and running a grassroots/canvassing campaign, including, but not limited to, staff management, fundraising and donor recruitment, sustainability initiatives, public policy, and balancing a budget.
In order to be an effective partner in environmental justice work Clean Water Action has also turned inward in effort to identify and remove potentially racist structures and policies. Furthermore, a diverse staff will result in bringing in effective ideas and approaches to our campaign objectives, strategy, and tactics.
Environmental Field Managers play a critical role ensuring the success of the organization’s grassroots campaigns.
- Meet/exceed all canvassing and organizing standards. Understand, educate, and hold staff accountable to organizational policies and procedures.
- Train, develop, and manage a crew to canvass staff with high quality when engaging communities.
- Analyze crew and individual performance, make recommendations for improvement.
- Carry out administrative, logistic, and financial management responsibilities as necessary to run efficient and safe crews.
This position is in Baltimore, Maryland. This position is not remote.
- The required hours are from 1:30pm-9pm.
- Full-time: Work days are Monday-Friday
- Part-time: 3 days of your choice, Monday-Friday.
- Able to provide COVID vaccination documentation.
- Experience with canvassing and political organizing is a big plus!
Does this sound great so far? Want to be an immediate candidate, Top of our pile?
- Feel free to contact us https://calendly.com/d/g5w-76v-ssb
What’s in it for you?
- Starting rate of $18+ bonus.
- Work with an industry leading environmental Non-Profit.
- Relaxed, fun, and casual workplace culture.
- Paid training.
- Gain knowledge of local politics, campaign strategies, and environmental issues.
- Possibly earn college credit.
- Enhanced benefits for employees with 21+ hours a week.
Eager candidates make skip the line:
- Feel free to contact us Batimore@cleanwater.org
As an equal opportunity employer, Clean Water Action is dedicated to non-discrimination in every aspect of employment. No person is to be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other ground prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. This equal opportunity policy applies to veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotions, terminations, pay, and the work environment.