GreenTrust Alliance (GTA) is a highly focused conservation nonprofit that brings unique partners and funders together to restore and then preserve large scale environmentally degraded sites in the Mid-Atlantic region. In our Howard County, Maryland headquarters, we currently seek an Environmental Scientist who will manage a wide variety of tasks that are required to keep these huge environmental projects moving – from environmental fieldwork and restoration monitoring to contract administration, and project oversight. This is a project management-track position with promotion potential. Job Profile
We seek a full time Environmental Scientist based in or near Columbia, Maryland. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Conducting restoration construction and invasive species treatment oversight
- Conducting stream assessment, wetland delineation, forest stand delineation, and reporting, as required.
- Working with our accounting team to perform basic accounting tasks associated with GTA’s contracts and sub-contracts.
- Managing grant processing and periodic reporting with GTA’s conservation staff and leadership.
- Collaboration with colleagues
- Managing and promoting GTA’s website and social media accounts.
- Interfacing and collaborating with funders and the public to promote GTA’s brand and mission.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Candidate Profile: The ideal candidate will have some or all of these attributes:
- Demonstrated high level of attention to detail in daily work functions.
- At least two years of relevant experience and/or training in wetland delineation, stream assessment, wetland and stream monitoring and/or forest stand delineation.
- Prior direct experience working on a stream or wetland restoration crew.
- Prior experience with grant-management processes (project milestones, subcontracting, invoicing).
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced small business environment.
- Talent to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Interest and ability to work as a team member or independently on different tasks.
Note: Candidates lacking specific professional experience in at least one of the italicized work areas above are unlikely to be competitive candidates for this position.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to:
Kirk Mantay, Director of Operations
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues in the nonprofit community, and we welcome and actively seek applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and relevant experiences.