Maryland Environmental Service has an opening for an Environmental Specialist Trainee (EST) or Environmental Specialist (ES) in the Environmental Dredging and Restoration Group located at our Headquarters building in Millersville, MD. This position also requires providing services at various areas across Maryland.
The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering educational outreach programs, including classroom presentations and site tours. This position may also perform basic field studies, which could include the collection of field samples, as well as help with technical reports, preparing meeting summaries, or other environmental project-related tasks. Occasional evening and weekend work may be necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in education, environmental science, or related field from an accredited college or university is required. Must have a valid driver’s license with less than five points, the ability to lift 50lbs, and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, plus:
- Environmental Specialist Trainee (EST): No additional experience required
- Environmental Specialist (ES): One year of experience in environmental education.
Applicants may substitute an applicable advanced degree for up to two years of required experience.
Preferred qualifications include a background with strong focus in K-12 education, fluency in MS Office Suite, and experience in presenting information to groups of people which may include school aged children. A candidate who is bilingual in Spanish is also preferred.
Maryland Environmental Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. MES does not participate in programs that require sponsorship for work visas.
- Health Insurance with choice of medical plan and prescription, dental, vision, and life and disability insurance options, along with flexible spending accounts
- 401K retirement savings program with generous agency match
- Paid vacation, personal and sick leave
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Tuition assistance