Environmental Systems Analysis, Inc. (ESA), a natural resources management and ecological restoration company, has an opening for a construction inspector with an emphasis in stream restoration. If you would like to work in one of Maryland’s leading environmental consulting firms with a progressive work environment and a great benefits package, please forward your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Construction Inspector for ecological restoration projects involving stream restoration, stormwater retrofit, wetlands, forestry, and shoreline stabilization.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in ecological construction is required.
– Skills and Education
- BS in environmental science, natural resources, agricultural or civil engineering, biology, ecology, or related field.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- MDE “Responsible Person” (Green Card) Certification.
- Knowledge of MD/VA/federal environmental regulations related to streams, wetlands, forestry, and critical areas.
- Demonstrated experience reading/interpreting design plans and as-builts.
- Detailed knowledge of construction equipment and processes.
- Familiarity with Bid/Build and Design/Build contracts.
- Ability to conduct constructability reviews.
- Familiarity with bioengineering practices and materials.
- Knowledge of basic survey and measuring methods to check elevations and determine distances and dimensions.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work independently, conduct field work and move through rough terrain.
- SHA Yellow Card Certification.
- Rosgen Stream training.
- Stream restoration design experience, including development of specifications and cost estimates.
- Experience monitoring streams, vegetation, wetlands and shorelines.
- Ability to identify jurisdictional wetlands and channels.
- Knowledge of trees and vegetation.