December 31, 2019
Are you a skilled event planner looking to effect positive change in this world? If so, the Environmental Law Institute may have the perfect job for you. ELI is looking for a highly organized and skilled Event Coordinator to help us fulfill our mission of fostering innovative, just, and practical law and policy solutions to enable leaders across borders and sectors to make environmental, economic, and social progress. While the Event Coordinator will engage with the entire staff of ELI, the coordinator’s primary focus will be on ELI’s producing major ELI events including the GreenTech 2020 Conference and the annual ELI Award Dinner.
Since 1969, ELI has played a pivotal role in shaping the fields of environmental law, policy, and management, domestically and abroad. ELI is an internationally recognized, non-partisan research and education center working to strengthen environmental protection by improving law and governance worldwide.
At least 50 % of time to be spent on coordinating the GreenTech 2020 Conference. Remaining time to be spent on other ELI events. Responsibilities include:
- Development of marketing material and outreach via email, phone and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Managing databases of potential partners, sponsors, speakers and event mailing lists
- Website updates and responding to inquiries and questions sourced via the website and social media
- Provide support in managing registrations, prior to the event
- Coordinating logistical tasks (i.e. venue, catering, speaker & exhibitor logistics)
- Collaborate with external and internal committee members during planning meetings and report out on planning activities
- Event production, including managing registrations, event walk through, tech oversight etc.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Baseline knowledge of, or interest in, environmental law and policy
- Strong event planning, outreach, and marketing skills
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to simultaneously plan and manage multiple projects
- Superb attention to detail and ability to reliably adhere to deadlines
- Strong communication skills including writing, social media, and verbal communication
- Accurate and reliable data entry skills
- Proficiency with standard office software, including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to:
- represent ELI publicly in a manner consistent with our mission and values
- manage projects effectively and efficiently while producing high-quality deliverables
- collaborate effectively with others
- effectively manage multiple projects and establish priorities with moderate supervision
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or equivalent experience: Bachelors or equivalent degree
- Years of experience: One or more years in event planning/coordination
$40,000 – $45,000 annually (commensurate with experience) and includes excellent benefits such as:
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer paid life insurance & disability insurance
- Long Term Care insurance
- Pre-tax transportation benefit
- Fitness Incentive
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Account with employer match
- Paid time off
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND DEADLINE
Submit an application package via ELI’s online application system. Simply visit https://www.eli.org/employment to get started. Note that your submission must contain the following uploaded documents (Word or PDF format), as follows:
- Cover letter, addressing your personal goals and interests, as well as your experience and interest in carrying out the duties outlined above.
- Current resume
Applications must be submitted no later than December 31, 2019. You must use ELI’s online application system; ELI cannot accept applications submitted by email, USPS or other shipping service, or hand delivery. No phone calls, please.
ELI is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to achieving an inclusive, diverse workforce that values every individual. We firmly believe that hiring individuals with varying perspectives and backgrounds contributes to our success as an organization, and we strive to create an environment that fosters inclusiveness. As such, minority candidates and candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.