LOCATION: London Town and Gardens, Edgewater, Maryland
Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2022, and continue until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is no later than January 17, 2023.
ABOUT THE HISTORIC LONDON TOWN AND GARDENS:
Historic London Town and Gardens (HLTG) is a twenty-three-acre park featuring history, archaeology, and horticulture on the South River in Edgewater, Maryland. The park is owned by Anne Arundel County and managed by the London Town Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (EIN: 52-1396159). Created in 1993, the Foundation manages the site under a formal operating agreement with the Anne Arundel County government. The Foundation is responsible for developing and conducting interpretive, recreational, and educational programs that allow visitors to learn about our historical, archaeological, and horticultural offerings. The Foundation and its permanent staff of 11 supports 5,000-7,000 visitors per year, a membership of 600 families, with 30 public and 80 private events hosting 13,000 participants annually.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience or demonstrated interest in some or all of the following areas.
- a bachelor’s degree or higher education that involves development of management and leadership skills, either through formal coursework or other extra-curricular experiences, with preference given to candidates who have developed these skills in the context of historic or horticultural not-for-profit (NFP) organizations,
- a minimum of an 8-year experience, either as a paid employee or as an active unpaid volunteer, working with the operation of a museum, historical or horticultural association, or other community-engaged NFP,
- a passion to fulfill the mission of the London Town Foundation,
- skills and/or experience in human resources management,
- ability to demonstrate project management skills to a budget,
- ability to set goals and develop long range planning,
- ability to work with public and private stakeholders in identifying and raising funds for program execution,
- ability to provide leadership and management of a diverse group of people: board, volunteers, staff and the public,
- ability to supervise, delegate, work independently and as a team,
- excellent communication, effective listening and positive interpersonal skills,
- demonstrated use and understanding of current technologies,
- ability to use and understand Microsoft Office, financial tracking and web-editing software,
- highly organized and detail oriented, and
- high personal integrity and accountability.
The position is full time, salaried, and exempt. Duties include some weekends and evenings, supporting HLTG operating hours and events. This position primarily requires an on-site presence. The starting salary is $90,000+ (including benefits) based upon experience and qualifications.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The Historic London Town and Gardens is committed to providing safe and secure environments for all employees and visitors. Successful completion of a background check is required before any person has access to students, either on or off HLTG property.
The Historic London Town and Gardens provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they require reasonable accommodation should contact London Town Foundation Board of Trustees Chairman to ensure that the HLTG can consider such requests. The decision to grant an accommodation will be made on a case by case basis.
Historic London Town prohibits discrimination in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or disability. Submitting an application does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, and arrange for three references that address previous paid and unpaid leadership positions. Applications can be emailed to London Town Foundation Board of Trustees, Chairman, Bob Leib, at email@example.com