To apply for this position or for more information, please visit https://umces.peopleadmin.com/postings/1561
The University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science (UMCES) is working in partnership with the Charles County Resilience Authority (CCRA) and invites applications for the position of Executive Director of the CCRA. The successful candidate will work with the CCRA Resiliency Board and an established and dynamic team in partnership with Charles County in La Plata, Maryland. The purpose of the CCRA is to undertake and support resilience infrastructure projects that mitigate and adapt to the effects of climate change including offering a range of financing structures, and techniques that leverage public and private investment as well as outreach efforts.
The successful candidate will provide support and leadership to the CCRA. Areas of responsibility for this position will include:
· Create a strong network of coordinating partners including Board members, Charles County Executive Leadership Team, County, State, and Federal agencies, academic institutions, stakeholders, and interested citizens;
· In close consultation with Board and County staff, assist in the process of developing a Strategic Plan and a mission statement for the CCRA;
· Represent the Authority at various engagement opportunities and with
legislative bodies, stakeholders, community groups and external partners.
· Oversee the creation and implementation of resilience related programs and projects;
· Advance climate resilience and sustainability education;
· Identify potential funding sources for Authority and funding requests and/or proposals as necessary.