We’re Hiring a Water Resources Planner/GIS Analyst
Job Title: Water Resources Planner/GIS Analyst, G-8
Closing Date/Time: February 7, 2020
Job Type: Full-time, Regular Position – 2080 hours per year
Salary: $60,000 – $80,000 annualized hiring range; subject to qualifications
Employer: Northern Virginia Regional Commission (NVRC), 3040 Williams Drive, Suite 200, Fairfax VA 22031
Description: The NVRC is currently recruiting qualified candidates for the full-time, regular position of Water Resources Planner/GIS Analyst. This position reports to the Director, Division of Planning and Environmental Services.
This position is involved in projects related to flood control design, watershed management, stormwater master-planning, FEMA map revision studies, and water quality assessment. It implements hydrologic and hydraulic studies and develops reports to provide information and recommendations for local governments. It assists in the development of strategies for member local governments to meet water resources goals through Virginia stormwater management design guidelines. The Water Resources Planner/GIS Analyst provides expertise in performing analysis on environmental data to support a wide range of projects. It uses GIS as an analytical tool to design data graphics for effective presentation of complex information to diverse audiences with an interest in public policy. The Water Resources Planner/GIS Analyst also provides support to other employees/divisions and grant-funded programs as needed by the Director.
Minimum Qualifications: Any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field e.g. environmental science, environmental engineering, hydrology, geography, biology, urban and regional planning, or a closely related field with a heavy concentration in research methods; plus at least two years of experience performing research related to watershed studies and using GIS software.
- Knowledge of database software, design languages and mapping tools.
- Knowledge of analytical and presentation software like Tableau and/or Power BI.
- Knowledge of web content management.
- Vacation, sick leave, and holidays with pay
- Health insurance (employer pays 80% of premium)
- Fully paid life insurance & long-term disability insurance policies
- Retirement program
- Workers compensation coverage
- Opportunity to enroll in medical & dependent care reimbursement plans and dental insurance plan
- Opportunity to participate in deferred compensation plan
- Free parking; Free electric vehicle charging; on bus route
Applicants may be required to submit a request for a criminal history record check and/or credit check.
Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements via mail or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER