LEARNING OBJECTIVES FOR A SERC VIRTUAL/HYBRID INTERNSHIP:
A collaborative Education Intern will:
- Learn how to deliver hands-on in-person and interactive virtual field trips, with skills such as facilitating the field trip, delivering the content, and managing groups.
- Create content related to delivering either onsite or virtual field trips, activities, and sessions (written or visual)
- Learn and apply skills related to group management for virtual and in-person program
- Learn how to maintain and update the SERC Learning Lab platform for posting Education Department materials such as lesson plans, videos, and activities for teachers and students.
- Learn how to work effectively with volunteers (from a variety of backgrounds)
- Understand how to deliver at least one large scale virtual public engagement event virtually or hybrid.
- Learn how to track and manage group program information, bookings, and interactions with groups.
- Create a final project in agreement on the topic with the Education Director