Field Canvasser for Clean Water Action! (Baltimore, MD)
Clean Water Action
December 3, 2021
A little bit about us:
Clean Water Action is an organization working to empower people to take action to protect America’s waters, build healthy communities and to make democracy work for all of us. For 50 years Clean Water Action has succeeded in winning some of the nation’s most important environmental protections through grassroots organizing, expert policy research and political advocacy focused on holding elected officials accountable to the public.
Now, about this position:
Clean Water Action national campaigns are advocating for the For the People Act to protect democracy and to replace water lines made of lead across the country. Candidates who possess a strong commitment to environmental, social, and political justice, a positive attitude, and a good sense of humor will be well suited for this role. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply!
Responsibilities of a CWA Field Canvasser:
- Promote action on progressive issues to influence national, state, and local decision-makers.
- Communicate with and educate people about important issues that matter to them.
- Recruit new and existing members and motivate them to take action on a specific campaign.
- Raise funds to support our research, lobbying, and educational campaigns.
- Must be located within a commutable distance of the Baltimore area.
- Must be able to provide COVID vaccination documentation.
- Must be available for 3 shifts a week minimum.
- (Shifts are 2:00 pm-9:30pm Monday through Friday.)
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be committed to the cause of diversity, equity, justice, and inclusion.
- Experience with canvassing and political organizing is a big plus!
What’s in it for you?
- Starting rate of $14-$15/hr+ bonus.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Relaxed, fun, and casual workplace culture
- Get to know your local neighborhoods
- Paid Training
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Sick Leave
- Enhanced benefits available for employees who work 21+ hours/week
Masking is required.
(This post is for our Part Time position, BUT, we are soon to search for Full Time Organizers & Interns! Get in front of the rush & put your name in first. We will follow up with you!) You can always email us, Baltimore@cleanwater.org!
Clean Water Action is dedicated to being an anti racist organization. We believe that those most affected by environmental degradation should have a voice at the table and solutions to environmental problems contribute to broader goals of justice for the most vulnerable among us.
As an equal opportunity employer, Clean Water Action is dedicated to non-discrimination in every aspect of employment. No person is to be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other ground prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. This equal opportunity policy applies to veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotions, terminations, pay, and the work environment.