Hello all! We at Clean Water Action are looking for people to help us Save the World, One Door at a Time!
(This post is for part-time, BUT, we are soon to search for Full-Time & Internships! Get in front of the rush & put your name in first. We will follow up with you!) Email us, Baltimore@cleanwater.org!
A little about us,
Clean Water Action is an organization working to empower people to take action to protect America’s waters, build healthy communities and to make democracy work for all of us. For 50 years Clean Water Action has succeeded in winning some of the nation’s most important environmental protections through grassroots organizing, expert policy research and political advocacy focused on holding elected officials accountable to the public.
Clean Water Action is dedicated to being an anti racist organization. We believe that those most affected by environmental degradation should have a voice at the table and solutions to environmental problems contribute to broader goals of justice for the most vulnerable among us.
Now, a little about the position:
Clean Water Action focuses on campaigns to protect public health, protect our waterways and drinking water sources, reduce climate change, and promote environmental justice. Our current national campaigns are advocating for the For the People Act to protect democracy and to replace water lines made of lead across the country. Our current local campaign is Lead Lines. Candidates who possess a strong commitment to environmental, social, and political justice, a positive attitude, and a good sense of humor will be well suited for this role. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of a CWA Field Canvasser:
- Promote action on progressive issues to influence national, state, and local decision-makers.
- Communicate with and educate people about important issues that matter to them.
- Recruit new and existing members and motivate them to take action on a specific campaign.
- Raise funds to support our research, lobbying, and educational campaigns.
- Must be located within a commutable distance of the Baltimore area.
- Must be available for 3 shifts a week minimum. (Shifts are 1:30pm-9:00pm Monday through Friday.)
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be committed to the cause of diversity, equity, justice, and inclusion.
- A desire for non-profit career development is a plus.
- Experience with canvassing and political organizing is a big plus!
What’s in it for you?
- Starting rate of $13.25-$15/hr.+ bonus.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Relaxed, fun, and casual workplace culture
- Get to know your local neighborhoods
- Paid Training
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Sick Leave
- Enhanced benefits available for employees who work 21+ hours/week
Masking is required.
Email us your resume, CV or even if you have questions! Baltimore@cleanwater.org