COMPANY OVERVIEW: Council Fire is a global change agency enabling purpose-driven organizations to thrive by maximizing economic, social and environmental value. We’re business-minded sustainability and communications experts who help clients tackle complex opportunities through visioning and research, strategy, meaningful stakeholder engagement, and creative communications that inspire action. As an award-winning B Corporation, we’re leveraging business as a force for good and helping to build an economy that works for all. We help clients across the world successfully operationalize sustainability and our expertise spans a wide array of industries and market sectors with particularized knowledge and demonstrated success in the areas of natural resource and oceans management, transportation systems, business sustainability, energy infrastructure and development, and water management.
POSITION OVERVIEW: We are seeking a part-time Finance & Operations Assistant. Working under the supervision of our Office Manager, with oversight from our President, the employee will provide support for finance and operations-oriented functions as detailed below and others subsequently assigned. Responsibilities will include, at a minimum, the following:
- Support for client invoicing activities including items such as invoice preparation, maintenance and management of QuickBooks timekeeping reports, preparation of compliance, expense, and other related reports
- Support for subcontractor management and invoice processing
- Periodic client project budget support
- Google Drive Management
- Assistance with collaboration tools management and training
- Scheduling/logistics/travel support
- Periodic client contracting support
Depending upon the breadth of skills of the selected candidate, successful integration into our work culture and environment, and continued growth in company needs, there is a strong possibility that the position transitions to full-time.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will be resourceful, passionate and highly-motivated by Council Fire’s purpose and leadership role in the social enterprise space, a strong collaborator, highly capable of working independently and able to thrive in a remote work company context, and always driven to go the extra mile to enable maximum company and client success.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess strong knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, invoicing processes, excellent organizational skills, and demonstrated experience/aptitude with:
- QuickBooks Online
- Google Workspace (formerly G-Suite)
- Project management software (ideally Asana)
While not required, the ideal candidate will also have demonstrated experience with client (including government) contracting and payroll management. Bonus points for experience with human resources functions to include employee benefits management, personnel management, and other finance and operations-oriented functions.
COMPENSATION: Dependent upon candidate level of experience.
APPLYING: We’re focused on equity and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, nationality and all the other fascinating characteristics that make our community great. We encourage Black, Indigenous, and non-Black People of Color to apply, and welcome all applicants regardless of social identity such as race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, and socioeconomic background.
To be considered for this opportunity, interested candidates must, by January 15, 2022, send an email to email@example.com including a cover letter, CV/resume and references and containing the subject line “Finance & Operations Assistant Application”.
BENEFITS: Should this position move to a full-time exempt classification, the Council Fire Employee Benefits Program shall apply. Further details on the Benefits Program are found in the Council Fire Employment Handbook. Current highlights include but are not limited to:
- Medical Insurance: Following completion of a 60-day Introductory Period, 100% Company-paid premiums for employee coverage (Individual Plan) under the Company’s medical insurance plan.
- Health Savings Account: Following completion of a 60-day Introductory Period, opportunity to participate in a Health Savings Account.
- Retirement Investment Program: Following completion of one year of employment, participation in a Retirement Plan. Council Fire may provide financial contributions to employee Retirement Plans and shall notify employees of the availability of such benefits.
- Paid Time Off: Council Fire employees are entrusted to take time off as they need, desire or require, provided they ensure the successful, timely execution and completion of all the responsibilities of their employment.