Ecotone is an innovative and growing ecological design and construction company specializing in stream, wetland, forest, and habitat restoration projects. We are seeking a senior estimator to join our team and grow with our business. Ecotone maintains two locations in Maryland and is a recent winner of two Top Workplace awards.
If you are the person we are looking for, you will be devoted to finding practical solutions to day-to-day problems while taking a long-term view. You will be willing to take risks and create new and better ways of doing things. You will enjoy working closely with other team members to find ways to go the extra mile and deliver results beyond the expected. You will enjoy being part of a team of people that freely share what they know with each other, with clients, and with the community at large. You will have a growth mindset and understand that a passion for learning is a prerequisite for success. You will very quickly develop relationships with other team members based on mutual trust and respect.
This position reports to the Business Development Team Coordinator and will support efforts to identify and pursue project opportunities. The successful candidate will gather information and data, including historical evidence, to help develop and substantiate cost estimates for design and construction bids favored by the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with internal sources to ensure complete and accurate budget estimates and bids
- Make informed recommendations to senior staff regarding go/no go strategies or decisions
- Coordinate final bid reviews and perform post-bid reviews of all projects bid by the company
- Coordinate an effective, comprehensive process of collecting and maintaining a reservoir of data and information that informs and improves the bid process
- Understand and integrate project plans as well as time, materials, potential subcontracts, and labor calculations into pricing framework
- Incorporate prevailing wage and minority-business requirements into estimates, as necessary
- Interact successfully with Ecotone colleagues and lead discussions on proposal parameters, outline the need for staff and equipment, and resolve questions
- Collaborate with project managers to track actual costs and compare with estimates
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma or GED from an accredited program required
- Two or more years’ experience as a construction estimator preferred
- Significant knowledge of construction and, particularly, construction job-costing required
- Proficiency with B2W or equivalent estimating software preferred
- Proficiency reading and interpreting blueprints, design drawings, project plans, and related documents required
- Positive attitude and ability to work independently and in a team environment required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Basic understanding of arithmetic, geometry, and algebra required
Benefits Include :
- Competitive Pay
- Subsidized Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Liberal paid time off and paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity paid leave
- Casual work environment
The pay range for the position approximately is between $59,000 and $82,000; starting salary will depend on qualifications. We invite you to visit our website at www.ecotoneinc.com to learn more about who we are and what we do. Ecotone is an Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes applications from any qualified candidate.
Job Type: Full-time