(Forest Hill, MD) Vice President Business Development Opening – Ecotone, Inc.
Ecotone Inc. is an innovative and growing design/build ecological restoration company. We are looking for a positive, energetic, and experienced business development professional to join our senior management team. Candidates who make a good first impression find ways to communicate how their goals, interests, and approach match Ecotone’s core values. The ideal applicant will demonstrate significant successes creating beneficial relationships and winning new business opportunities.
If you are the person we are looking for, you will be devoted to finding practical solutions with sustainability as a forefront consideration. You will be willing to take risks and create new and better ways of doing things. You will enjoy working closely with other Ecotone team members to find ways to go the extra mile and deliver results beyond the expected. You will enjoy being part of a team of people that freely share what they know with each other, with clients, and with the community at large. You will have a growth mindset and understand that a passion for learning is a prerequisite for success at Ecotone. You will very quickly develop relationships with other Ecotone team members based on mutual trust and respect.
The successful candidate will manage and direct all phases of developing new business, protecting existing relationships, and marketing. The incumbent will be responsible for building the pipeline to achieve revenue and growth goals by ensuring a high-capacity and highly effective attraction and retention life-cycle, including management of bid and proposal efforts, opportunity identification, capture strategies, contract management, and external relations. Other responsibilities are shown below:
Responsibilities will include:
- Identify, develop, and implement market-driven strategies to achieve revenue goals
- Direct staff responsible for estimates, bids, proposals, and grant management; utilize all manner of appropriate, effective motivating and managing methods to maximize productivity of the team
- Cultivate, manage, and enhance relationships with new and existing clients and partners
- Identify and cultivate potential strategic partners, alliances, and relationships to expand opportunities and the company’s ability to solve client problems
- Continuously devise industry- and client-specific insights that refine where to pursue opportunity and how to promote the company’s competitive advantages
- Provide ambitious but realistic plans and accurate forecasts on opportunity as well as pathways for maximizing yield from opportunity
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Requires knowledge of and extensive experience with outside sales techniques, yield management, and contract management
- Experience negotiating and developing contracts and teaming agreements
- Significant experience in ecological restoration or environmental engineering / construction preferred, particularly driving contract-based sales growth
- Successful experience leading a team
- Demonstrated ability to establish and nurture strong client and partner relationships
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals
- Effective oral and written communication skill is required
- MBA preferred
Benefits Include :
- Competitive Pay
- Subsidized Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Liberal paid time off and paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity paid leave
- Casual work environment
The pay range for the position approximately is between $110,000 and $152,000; starting salary will depend on qualifications. We invite you to visit our website at www.ecotoneinc.com to learn more about who we are and what we do. Ecotone is an Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes applications from any qualified candidate.
Job Type: Full-time