Friends of the Rappahannock (FOR) is a 501c3 watershed protection organization based in Fredericksburg, VA. FOR works to be the voice and active force for a healthy and scenic Rappahannock River. We accomplish this through three program pillars – advocacy, restoration and education. FOR is seeking a full time (37.5 hours/week) Development Coordinator to provide strategic initiative and support of fundraising efforts for the organization. The Development Coordinator creates and coordinates programs to increase the organization’s support base among individuals, corporations, charitable foundations, and other sources.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Development Coordinator is responsible for locating, identifying, approaching, and soliciting major donors for annual and capital gifts.
The Development Coordinator’s principal charge is to create numerous, efficient, and compelling opportunities for donors to support the organization and to make the experience of giving satisfying and rewarding.
- Work with Communications Director to devise and execute the annual fundraising plan
- Direct appreciation mailings for all donors
- Serve as fundraising liaison with the organization’s Executive Committee
- Generate queries, reports, exports, and data collections through Total Info, our CRM software.
Cultivating Major Donors
- Coordinate Major Donor program for individuals and corporations focusing on effective use of the moves management approach.
- Build a robust donor base by developing and maintaining key relationships with donors and prospects.
- Build Community Partners to effectively utilize their connections to strengthen the Major Donor program.
- Coordinate events to introduce prospective donors to the organization.
- Provide support for the Riverfest Committee while serving as the link between the committee and staff.
- Secure sponsorships and assist in coordinating logistics for all fundraising events – one large event (Riverfest) and 4-5 small and medium sized events.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Google suite/Microsoft Word/Excel proficient
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Social media experience
- Comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups
- Outgoing and personable
- Team player
- Passion for environmental protection and conservation
- Comfortable with on-water activities
- 1-2 yrs non-profit experience
- CRM experience
- Previous fundraising experience
- Experience coordinating events
- Volunteer management
- Competent canoe and kayak skills
- Established network in Rappahannock watershed region
Friends of the Rappahannock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is an entry to mid level position. Willing to train the right candidate. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send cover letter and resume to our Communications Director at firstname.lastname@example.org