Company name: Friends of Herring Run Parks, Inc. (FHRP)
About the organization: Friends of Herring Run Parks is a community-based, nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving and improving the Herring Run Parks in Northeast Baltimore City. The Friends of Herring Run Parks’ mission is to preserve, protect, restore, and promote Herring Run Parks and its stream valley for the benefit of present and future generations.
Title of position: Administrative Assistant
Position type: Part-time, contractual (15-20 hours per week) with flexible hours. Must be available for
meetings, programs, and events, including on weekends and/or evenings. This position is temporary for
approximately 6 months.
Pay range: $20-22/ hour
Location: Baltimore City, work mainly remotely and be on-site for Herring Run Park events and meetings at various community locations. Herring Run Park is in Northeast Baltimore City.
Benefits: Phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, Mac laptop with printer to use in this position.. Other benefits include flexible schedule, work with community partners, opportunities to learn new skills, learn park history and conservation and gain skills working in the nonprofit sector.
FHRP is a small nonprofit with an active board of directors who are involved with the week to week aspects of the organization. The FHRP board is currently engaged in a six-month strategic planning process. The board expects to identify a new staffing plan and will recruit and hire in early 2023. This position will support the organization through its period of transition. The Administrative Assistant will work at the direction of the board to schedule events, set up conference calls, and coordinate communication among Board members and committees; and support a range of project management functions.
General Tasks of Administrative Assistant Role
● Coordinate and promote park activities through our database and social media networks
● Recruit volunteers through our database
● Organize files
● Maintain donor/volunteer database
● Compile data reports from the donor/volunteer database
● Develop promotional materials
● Assist setting up for FHRP events including gathering supplies and other items
● Communicate regularly with the FHRP Board of Directors
● Participate in the Board’s committees
● Skilled at project management for programs and events
● Highly organized
● Able to take initiative and work both independently and collaboratively
● Experience with Wild Apricot software, Weebly websites, (or similar) if preferred, Google applications,
● Able to learn new software and online technologies, as needed
● Embrace of diversity, equity and inclusion
● Understanding of historical contexts in working with diverse communities
● Good communication/interpersonal skills (written and oral )
● Energetic and enjoy working outdoors
● Must be able to lift 20 pounds
● Must be able to walk in a park on hilly, uneven terrain
● Able to travel locally and transport supplies
● Must be available for work weekends and/or evenings, as needed
How to apply: Email resume and interest statement to firstname.lastname@example.org The interest statement should be brief and offers the applicant the opportunity to share why this job is of interest to them.
Closing date: 6/20/2022
Friends of Herring Run Parks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.