The Gunpowder Valley Conservancy (GVC) is seeking a dynamic, creative, and energetic leader! We are a regional non-profit conservation organization and land trust based in Baltimore County, Maryland. Founded in 1989, the GVC works hard to protect the land and water within the Gunpowder watershed, which drains some 500 square miles from its headwaters in lower York County, Pennsylvania, through lands in Carroll, Baltimore and Harford counties in Maryland, before reaching the tidal waters of the Chesapeake Bay. Over 60% of the greater Baltimore area’s drinking water is supplied from two reservoirs (Prettyboy, Loch Raven) within the Gunpowder watershed.
The Executive Director position is a full-time opportunity and will be open through March 25, 2022. Please visit our website for the full job description. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Luke Hancock, Executive Director Search Committee chair, at Luke.Hancock@bge.com with “Executive Director” in the subject line.
GVC is committed to clean water for the two million people who live in, visit or benefit from the Gunpowder Watershed by preserving land, restoring ecosystems, and encouraging people to become environmental stewards. Our accomplishments include:
- Preserving over 1,800 acres of farms, forests, streams, and open space in land easements on 34 properties. GVC is also a Maryland Rural Legacy Sponsor.
- Planting 34,000+ native trees to provide wildlife habitat and improve water quality.
- Removing over 260 tons of trash from streams and creeks within our watershed.
- Installing over 200 conservation gardens (Bayscapes, rain gardens, microbioretention practices) to provide functional beauty to backyards and beyond.
- Connecting 2,000 volunteers each year to environmental stewardship activities.