GARDEN & LANDSCAPE DESIGNER
Casey & Company is growing! Our Sustainable and Fine Gardens company creating More Than Just a Pretty Space in gardens all across the Washington DC metro area. We’re seeking a garden/ landscape designer and sales person at our new location in the heart of the historic Georgetown neighborhood business district in Washington DC. If you are passionate about green infrastructure, we’re looking for you.
Salary is between $38k-$45k. We offer health care, paid time off, mileage reimbursement, MacBook Air workstation, integrated Service System software, happy, drama-free colleagues, charming work environment – you can work outside in our garden weather permitting, and career opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- You will consult with clients and complete project designs for Bayscapes & Raingardens for our RiverSmart Homes projects and more complex gardens for our Fine Gardens Division using hand drafting or computer generated.
- You will provide adequate communication with clients throughout the design and install process, including notifying clients if delays are anticipated.
- You will review audit reports to identify approved BMP’s and locations for installs.
- You will locate any surface or subsurface property conditions on site and account for them in the design.
- You will compile required paperwork, photos, estimates and designs to create proposals and submit for approval.
- Additional responsibilities include creating proposals for projects that don’t require designs.
- You will work with inventory management and the foreman to get projects to completion.
- You will follow up with the client to ensure satisfaction and sell maintenance services on completed projects.
- You will have a significant number of projects on the boards at all times. This requires having an understanding of administrative tasks and time management.
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50lbs occasionally
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in landscape design, horticulture, natural resources, or similar field OR CBLP Level 1 Certification plus verifiable design experience.
- Previous experience with Landscaping, native plants, and landscape design
- Knowledge of gardening techniques and maintenance requirements
- Exposure to weather elements, including heat and sun are part of this job
- Personality characteristics that usually excel in this role are: ethical, diligent and organized, detail oriented, accountable, flexible, technologically competent, self-reliant, easy-going, persuasive, happy disposition, clean and professional appearance
- Experience in sales and retail is a plus
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys landscaping, is proficient in drafting garden designs, remembers details, has a happy disposition, and is looking for a career with a young company on a growth path.
We are looking for immediate hire for this position. If interested, please visit https://caseyandcompany.net/blogs/join-our-team/gardener and complete the application. We will contact qualified applicants to arrange a phone call, then an in-person meeting.