Grant Writer (part-time, hybrid remote and in person)
Do you have a passion for nature and writing?
Nature Forward seeks a part-time Grant Writer to join its Development team!
The primary focus of this position is raising money and building relationships with foundations, corporations and government funders to support Nature Forward’s mission to inspire residents of the greater Washington, DC, region to appreciate, understand, and protect their natural environment through outdoor experiences, education, and advocacy.
This position is part-time, 24 to 30 hours per week plus benefits, with an annual salary range of $40,000-50,000, depending on hours and experience. The Nature Forward work atmosphere is friendly and flexible. This position is eligible for telework, with a minimum of one day per week onsite at the beautiful, 40-acre Woodend Nature Sanctuary Headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD.
Bachelor’s degree and one year or more of grant writing experience preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Research and identify fundable priority work; propose new grant and sponsorship funding opportunities to bring the best opportunities forward.
• Draft and submit compelling grant proposals, letters of intent, supporting documentation, interim and final reports and acknowledgements.
• Collaborate with Nature Forward program staff to collect information, photos, stories, and metrics to support proposals and final reports.
• Input and manage sponsorship and grant funder data in user-friendly Bloomerang database.
• Work closely with the Finance Department and department heads to develop program budgets that align with funding requests.
• Ensure that sponsor and grant requests, letters of intent and reports meet all application requirements and deadlines.
• Track grant-related deadlines and submissions. Track grant funding raised and anticipated.
• Communicate with sponsors and funders by asking questions and seeking written and verbal feedback.
• With Director of Development, help set annual grant and sponsorship fundraising goals and plans.
• Communicate and coordinate pertinent grant and sponsorship requirements, such as a need for logo inclusion in public materials.
• Join senior staff in foundation, corporate and government entity meetings and participate in planning, cultivation, and stewardship activities, as requested.
• Attend weekly grant and sponsorship review meetings with Development Director and other staff.
• Play a hands-on role in supporting Development fundraising events including preparation, hosting, set up and clean up.
• Other duties as assigned.
Nature Forward is committed to building a diverse team that draws on the strengths of people with a variety of identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If this role sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 10, 2023.
COVID Vaccination is required for employees of Nature Forward. The organization will consider accommodation for medical or religious reasons.