Grant Writer (part-time, remote or hybrid)
Do you have a passion for nature and writing?
Nature Forward seeks a part-time Grant Writer to join its Development team!
The primary focus of this position is raising money and building relationships with foundations and corporations to support Nature Forward’s mission to inspire residents of the greater Washington, DC, region to appreciate, understand, and protect their natural environment through outdoor experiences, education, and advocacy.
This position is part-time, 30 hours per week plus benefits, with an annual salary range of $45,000-50,000. The Nature Forward work atmosphere is friendly and flexible. This position is eligible for telework, with occasional duties on site at the beautiful, 40-acre Woodend Nature Sanctuary Headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and identify fundable priority work; propose new grant and sponsorship funding opportunities to bring the best opportunities
- Draft and submit compelling grant proposals, letters of intent, supporting documentation, and interim and final reports and
- Collaborate with Nature Forward staff to collect information, photos, stories, and metrics to support proposals and final reports.
- Input and manage sponsor and grant funder data in Bloomerang database.
- Work closely with the Finance Department and department heads to develop program budgets that align with funding
- Ensure that sponsor and grant requests, letters of intent and reports meet all application requirements and
- Track grant-related deadlines and submissions. Track grant funding raised and
- Communicate with sponsors and funders by asking questions and seeking feedback in writing and
- With Director of Development, help set annual grant and sponsorship fundraising goals and
- Communicate and coordinate pertinent grant and sponsorship requirements, such as a need for logo inclusion on specific publications or
- Join senior staff on foundation, corporate and government entity meetings and participate in planning, cultivation, and stewardship activities, as
- Attend weekly grant and sponsorship review meetings with Development Director and other
- Play a hands-on role in supporting Development fundraising events including planning, preparation, hosting, set up and clean
- Other duties as assigned.
Nature Forward is committed to building a diverse team that draws on the strengths of people with a variety of identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If this role sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com before February 10, 2023.
COVID Vaccination is required for employees of Nature Forward. The organization will consider accommodation for medical and religious-based reasons.