Potomac Riverkeeper Network (PRKN) seeks a seasoned environmental grant writer to join the Development Team to draft proposals and reports supporting general operating and programmatic grants. The Team manages roughly 60 existing grants valued at nearly $1 million. Some months are more time intensive than others, so excellent time management is a high priority. This position will report to the Vice President of Development and Philanthropy.
This is an hourly contract position estimated at $60 – $80 per hour, not to exceed $25,000 annually commensurate with experience.
- Prepare drafts and final versions of proposals and reports as assigned
- Confer regularly via phone and email with personnel regarding progress of proposals
- Oversee compilation of submission packets in order to ensure all required documents are included
- Identify and review new funding opportunities for outreach and cultivation
- Participate in weekly grants management meetings to review action items from the previous meeting, discuss progress on new and renewing grants, review the grants calendar, and discuss steps required to produce documents and meet all deadlines. Grants and tasks are tracked using Fluxx Grantseeker
- Development of 4-5 deliverables (proposal, report, or letter of inquiry) per month (on average) including drafting, editing, managing feedback, and meeting grant deadlines.
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience writing successful grant proposals for environmental nonprofits
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to work with short bursts of intensity when multiple grants are due in the same month
- Familiarity with Chesapeake Bay environmental issues, stakeholders, and funders
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to self-start are essential qualities. Willingness and ability to take initiative, accept assignments and independently figure out steps necessary for completion
- A cheerful disposition, “can do” attitude
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “LAST NAME – Grant Writer”
Potomac Riverkeeper Network welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of skills, experiences, and ideas. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.