Grants and Special Projects Coordinator
The Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC) is seeking a Grants and Special Projects Coordinator who will provide support to the pursuit, coordination and implementation of grant-related work and special projects. For grant pursuits, this includes identification of funding opportunities, oversight of the preparation of grant proposals, and post-award coordination of work products. For grants awarded by the SRBC, this includes oversight of the request for grant proposals, the selection process, and post-award administration. Coordination of special projects entails agency partnership building, implementing integrated watershed management initiatives, and facilitating community based water resource improvements.
This position is part of the Commission’s Executive group and reports to the Deputy Executive Director. The position is based in our main office located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
Grants Awarded to SRBC:
- Lead development and implementation of a grant strategy.
- Identify funding opportunities and partners applicable to our work and consistent with the strategy.
- Oversee the preparation of grant proposal submittals, including writing, compiling and editing team input, and ensuring that all requirements of the grant solicitation are met.
- Work closely with technical staff to become familiar with a wide array of programs and ensure compelling and high quality submissions.
- Provide support to technical, financial and legal staff to ensure that grant requirements and deliverables are met.
Grants Awarded by SRBC:
- Assist with the development of requests for grant proposals issued by SRBC.
- Use grant management software to issue requests for grant proposals, receive submissions and track the selection and award process.
- Complete certain administrative tasks associated with grant awards and provide information to finalize grant agreements.
- Work with grantees and outreach staff to enhance wider adoption or exposure of high-value project outcomes.
- Work with executive and policy group to identify potential topics and target partners for undertaking beneficial initiatives, within or outside existing grant opportunities.
- Serve as primary Commission point of contact for coordination with selected partners in advancing selected projects.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders to identify partnership opportunities to further the Commission’s Water Resources Program and Comprehensive Plan.
- Assist in implementation of special projects and community based efforts.
- Maintain grant-related information in the SRBC’s grant management software.
- Assist with annual budget preparation for grant programs and special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Competencies:
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with strong organizational skills.
- Strong people skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with outside agencies, Commission staff and officials, non-governmental organizations, community representatives and the general public.
- Able to work independently and manage time to meet deadlines and coordinate/manage multiple projects according to outlined priorities.
- Capacity to create solutions within a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and become proficient with grant management software and technical reports.
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Business, marketing, or related experience a plus.
- Three to five years of grant writing and management, including documented success with obtaining grant awards, preferably in the environmental or natural resources field.
- Familiarity with programs and processes of primary granting agencies, including federal and state agencies as well as private foundation sponsors.
- Experience with partnership building.
Competitive salary with an expected starting range of between $58,000 and $65,000 based on relevant experience. Comprehensive benefits package is available, including health care insurance and participation in Pennsylvania State Employees Retirement System. There is no civil service exam requirement.
A cover letter with salary expectations and a resume emphasizing relevant experience are required and must be submitted by Thursday, November 30, 2023. Click here to apply: Grants and Special Projects Coordinator