Use your grassroots organizing skills to expand advocacy for clean water, healthy soil, abundant wildlife, and world class outdoor recreation. The Izaak Walton League of America is seeking an experienced, dedicated, and collaborative organizer to lead our efforts engaging tens of thousands of members and supporters to deliver wins for conservation at the federal, state, and local levels. The Grassroots Advocacy Manager will be instrumental in advancing priority campaigns by educating, training, and mobilizing League members, community science volunteers, and other strategic constituencies.
Engage and provide necessary tools to effectively advocate for natural resource conservation to League members, volunteers, and supporters to ensure that necessary grassroots advocacy components exist for each League policy campaign:
• Collaborate with the League’s entire conservation team to develop, strengthen, and maintain grassroots organizing network across the organization’s membership and volunteer base.
• Coordinate development and implementation of grassroots advocacy campaigns to achieve League policy priorities.
• Develop outreach materials including toolkits, factsheets, action alerts, presentations, online updates, and email blasts.
• Represent the League in coalitions as identified by the Conservation Director.
• Working with communications staff and volunteers, secure publication of earned media supporting the League’s advocacy work.
• Bachelor’s degree in public policy, environmental studies, political science, communication, or related field.
• At least 3-5 years of grassroots advocacy experience in related non-profit or private sector employment.
• Demonstrated results engaging and mobilizing grassroots advocates in public policy campaigns.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the federal legislative, appropriations, and rulemaking process.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts in understandable language.
• Ability to think strategically, establish priorities, and independently manage multiple tasks in a fast-moving, high workload environment.
• Ability to work as a team player with a diverse array of colleagues, partners, and volunteers.
• Willingness and ability to travel, including for multiple days and overnight.
YOU’LL THRIVE IF YOU HAVE
• Knowledge of relevant conservation issues related to the League’s mission.
• Strong personal commitment to advancing the cause of conservation and natural resource stewardship.
This position offers a competitive annual salary between $60,000 and $65,000 and a generous package of benefits, including health care, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, hybrid work schedule, and retirement plan.
The mission of the Izaak Walton League of America, founded in 1922, is to conserve, restore, and promote the sustainable use and enjoyment of our natural resources, including our soil, air, woods, waters, and wildlife. League members and staff combine hands-on conservation action, policy work with legislatures and resource agencies, and public education to pursue our conservation goals at the local, state, and national levels.