Nanticoke Watershed Alliance (NWA) is a nonprofit that operates within the Nanticoke River watershed. NWA is currently seeking a Green Infrastructure
Intern Crew Leader for work to begin on April 1, 2023, and end on October 31, 2023. This contract may be extended as needed and if agreed upon by
both NWA and the Crew Leader.
The GI Intern Crew Leader would serve as the on-site supervisor for a team of 2-3 interns at project sites in the Nanticoke River watershed and in
Cambridge, MD. The Crew Leader will be responsible for communicating progress, needs, and challenges to the Deputy Director.
The GI Intern Crew Leader will:
• Serve as the on-site supervisor for a team of 2-3 Green Infrastructure Interns typically aged from 18-24 from June 1-August 15, 2023,
• Act as liaison between the Deputy Director and the GI Interns,
• Produce and submit a weekly status report for the Deputy Director.
• Communicate with the Deputy Director regarding project challenges and needs, and
• Serve as project leader at municipal locations (Cambridge, MD, and Seaford and Laurel, DE), and
• Work closely with the Deputy Director and homeowners to effectively prepare, plant, and maintain projects at residential locations in Delaware.
The successful GI Intern Crew Leader will have strong communication skills, be able to work independently, and have a strong ability to troubleshoot on-
site challenges. The Crew Leader should be capable of lifting 40-50 pounds and able to work outdoors in challenging weather conditions. The Crew
Leader must be able to read and understand site plans, be detail-oriented, and have effective management skills. Basic knowledge about native and
invasive plants, stormwater practices and maintenance, and sustainable ecological landscaping practices are desirable, but NWA is willing to train
the right candidate.
The GI Intern Crew Leader must have reliable transportation and a current, valid driver’s license; all employees use personal vehicles for projects. The
Crew Leader must be at least 21 years of age. Further, the Crew Leader is expected to be professional and courteous while at project sites. The
successful candidate will undergo orientation and extensive hands-on training at NWA and at project sites prior to the interns’ start date. The Crew
Leader will also have the option to obtain Chesapeake Bay Landscaping Professional training and certification while employed by NWA (a value of
The GI Intern Crew Leader will earn $20 per hour as a contractual employee and will also qualify for mileage reimbursement. All necessary tools will be
provided. NWA will reimburse any project-related purchases made by the Crew Leader.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, a resume, and three references to Beth Wasden at BethWasden@NanticokeRiver.org no later than February 28, 2023.