The Land Conservation Intern (“the Intern”) position is a 40 hour per week, summer (or summer/fall) seasonal position responsible for assisting with the Green Trust Alliance’s (“GTA’s”) land preservation and land stewardship programs. This position will focus on documenting various conservation easements in the field and in the office as GTA continues our progress towards adopting the Standards and Practices of the Land Trust Alliance for purposes of future land trust accreditation. This position is designed to give the Intern a comprehensive understanding of nonprofit land conservation practices and procedures.
This position reports to the GTA Director of Operations. This position will spend approximately one to two days per week at our conservation easements and restoration sites in Maryland and New Jersey, and three to four days per week at GTA Headquarters in Elkridge/Columbia.
This intern will work alongside the GTA Director of Operations to complete annual monitoring of GTA’s conservation projects and easements, organize land trust accreditation materials, and other tasks and duties as assigned. Start and end date of the position are flexible, and the position is anticipated to last twelve (12) weeks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- a developed interest in land conservation transactions and the legal and financial details of those transactions.
- An academic background that includes coursework in land planning, real estate, or large-scale conservation.
- A demonstrated track record of successfully working independently upon an agreed upon list of priorities and tasks.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated technical or legal writing ability.
Please submit a current resume’ , writing sample, and contact information to:
Kirk Mantay, Director of Operations
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues in the nonprofit community, and we welcome and actively seek applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and relevant experiences.