Baltimore Tree Trust (BTT), the leading urban forestry nonprofit organization in Baltimore City, seeks a full-time Grants Manager to join its growing team. Established in 2008, BTT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to restore Baltimore’s urban forest through increased tree planting, community engagement, and advocacy. By engaging in diverse partnerships, leading community greening efforts, and creating public service job opportunities, BTT is committed to a vision of equitable access to the benefits of urban nature for all of the city’s residents. Baltimore Tree Trust is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, visit baltimoretreetrust.org.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Grants Manager will oversee day-to-day activities related to grants from government, foundation, and corporate funders. This role supervises the part-time grant writer position.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Development Director and Grant Writer to write and prepare funding proposals, grant applications, reports, and acknowledgment letters for foundation, government, and corporate supporters.
- Draft budgets for proposals in collaboration with the Finance Director and Executive Director
- Maintain grants calendar on Google Calendar, including application, reporting, and other deadlines.
- Track pledges, balances and received grant amounts through BTT’s CRM software
- Engage internal staff as needed for conversations regarding grant program proposal input, tracking, and reporting.
Grant Reporting and Compliance
- Preparing reports to funders including finance and programmatic reports with the support of other BTT staff
- Prepare monthly grants reports and the status and progress of each grant to the executive team
- Ensure contract compliance requirements are met for grants, including programming, budget expenses, and project timeline.
Institutional Giving Stewardship & Cultivation
- Maintain a portfolio and serve as a point of contact for institutional giving funders, conduct calls and arrange meetings, inviting the Development Director and Executive Director as appropriate
- Create solicitation and stewardship plans for institutional funders to meet annual funding goals, including creating new relationships and deepening existing ones
- Research prospects and expand the current list of funders by forming new relationships with institutional funders that align with the mission and vision of the organization
What We’re Looking For:
- Passionate about BTT’s mission to expand the tree canopy in Baltimore City
- At least 3 years of experience in grant management and writing, experience managing federal grants strongly preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills with excellent attention to detail; ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and ability to adapt to changing needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate timely and effectively, and the capacity to collaborate and work well with diverse internal and external teams.
- Ability to demonstrate sound independent judgment and maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive, confidential, and proprietary information.
- Competence with Microsoft Office and Google Drive, well-versed with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software, such as Salesforce Nonprofit
Timeline and Compensation
The Grants Manager is a salaried position, starting at $60,000. In addition to health and dental benefits, Baltimore Tree Trust is proud to offer additional benefits for our employees including, but not limited to, generous PTO and a hybrid work schedule.
Click here for the full job description posting and more information on how to apply.