Title: Individual Giving Manager or Senior Individual Giving Manager
Location: Bethesda, MD (partially remote)
Reports to: Executive Director
Our Mission: Rock Creek Conservancy restores Rock Creek and its parklands as a natural oasis for all people to appreciate and protect.
Overview: The Development leader will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and advance effective fundraising programs and activities that assist in garnering the resources to advance our mission. This is a key position which plans, coordinates, and assures implementation of strategies to develop donors and contributions to support the organization, with a strong focus on individual giving. The position will be responsible for overseeing all fundraising activities for Rock Creek Conservancy including events, direct mail, major donors, and campaign-based fundraising.
- Support short- and long-term strategic fundraising planning, philanthropic positioning, and implementation of strategies to rapidly grow philanthropic support from individuals
- Develop fundraising campaigns to support Conservancy and park projects
- Guide fundraising events, including the annual Rock Creek Gala, with support from event logistics manager
- Work closely with the chief of staff to ensure development operations (data entry, gift processing, producing acknowledgements, tracking Gala information, and producing renewal and membership mailings) meet the needs of the manager’s portfolio and programs
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of fundraising experience, preferably in annual giving or major gifts
- Experience identifying donors with more potential to give and, through meaningful donor engagement, successfully increasing their giving
- Understanding of moves management and pipeline development
- Understanding of the nature of donors’ and volunteers’ engagement with the Conservancy and ability to use those relationships to drive engagement
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Has a track record of collaboration and working effectively across teams
- Experience fundraising for a National Park Service partner a plus
- Must be flexible to work evenings and extended hours when needed
Rock Creek Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer. The Conservancy’s offices are temporarily remote 3-4 days/week, but the position must be local to attend donor events and participate in field activities. The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $80,000, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Individual Giving Manager.”