Installation Crew Member
Do you enjoy building things? Do you like nature? Enjoy working outside? Casey & Company is looking for motivated, skilled individuals to join our growing team.
Casey & Company Interiors & Fine Gardens is a 100% Woman Owned Business in Washington DC providing More Than Just a Pretty Space for our clients in their homes and gardens. We design, install, and maintain gardens using fine gardening techniques such as hand pruning, trimming, and weeding. We also provide Bay Friendly Rain Gardens and BayScapes to help improve our waterways. We use green methods as much as possible.
General Job Description
The Installation Crew Member is responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor on
landscaping team. The person in this position may operate a variety of hand and power tools, clean
and prepare sites, trim natural environments, dig trenches, clean up debris and remove waste
materials. The Installation Crew Member assists other craft workers and the Landscape Foreman.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Performing a variety of tasks and assigned work duties involving strenuous manual labor in
outdoor projects and worksites
• Maintaining a clean job site; picking up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in
order to eliminate potential hazards
• Loading and unloading trucks and hauling and material handling and storage
• Carrying out opening and closing duties
• Performing required light maintenance of equipment
• Maintaining personal health and sanitation standards
• Reading and interpreting safety/employment manuals and other work-related documents
• Complying with safety regulations and a maintaining clean and orderly facility
• Ensuring that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
• Performing other work-related duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to
perform the work
• Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in construction work
• Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
• Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous
physical labor under adverse field conditions
• Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions
• Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency