Institute of Water Security and Science – Project Specialist
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Project Specialist. This position provides project management and administrative support to the West Virginia University (WVU) Institute of Water Security and Science (IWSS), including providing assistance with the identification, development and presentation of funding opportunities for the IWSS. In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Provide technical assistance and support in identifying potential funding opportunities, including collecting, organizing and assessing external funding opportunities.
- Develop a regular grants listserv announcement to be distributed to IWSS affiliates and researchers.
- Create one-page synopses, proposal contents documents, proposal templates and other documents to assist with the proposal development process.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of proposal packages for Foundation, state and federal grant opportunities.
- Interpret funding opportunity announcements, and prepare proposals and budgets based on agency requirements and OMB circulars.
- Complete forms, compiling biographical sketches and other supporting documents, and upload these documents into WVU+kc, NSF FastLane and other submission sites.
- Assist with post-award project management and assuring compliance with federal, state and sponsor guidelines.
- Track project deadlines and facilitate submission of reporting deliverables, including developing charts and other visual aides to track and summarize progress and assist with writing of quarterly, semi-annual, annual and final project reports.
- Maintain files, data, databases and other documentation necessary for project management and reporting, including developing and using databases, spreadsheets and project management systems to record, store and analyze project information.
- Assist with project-related events and meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible and related experience in public health research/evaluation or project management
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered
- Background check
- Three professional references