Founded in 1994, the Oyster Recovery Partnership (ORP) is a conservation organization committed to maximizing the economic, conservation and societal benefits of healthy estuarine ecosystems with a focus on the Chesapeake Bay. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to advance oyster restoration, oyster aquaculture, and the sustainable management of Chesapeake Bay fisheries resources. We adhere to the values of integrity, dedication, hard work and respect for diversity, and are committed to putting these values into practice. We work with all sectors that have an interest in improving the health of the Chesapeake Bay and its oyster population and we will not stop until the job is done.
The Oyster Recovery Partnership offers competitive compensation, 401k savings-plan with matching contribution, excellent benefits, flexible work policies, a collaborative work environment, and professional and personal development opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Coastal Restoration Program Manager plays a key leadership role within ORP’s Coastal Restoration Program that engages in restoring over 100 acres of oyster reef habitat annually, monitors the status and health of restored reefs, collaborates with state and federal agencies to improve regional fisheries management, and conducts research and development to build incentives and tools to advance oyster restoration and aquaculture. The Program Manager will be responsible for the management of ORP’s coastal team, project oversight and implementation, contract management, and coordination and communication with state and federal agencies and multiple constituent groups. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, self-directed, and possess the ability to make sound project and business decisions. The position requires strong leadership, strategic/critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Serving as manager and senior scientist in support of applied marine science and fisheries programs with varying technical objectives.
- Managing and mentoring staff.
- Program and business development.
- Developing and managing project scopes of work and budgets.
- Oversight of sub-contractual resources to accomplish annual work and study plans.
- Leading teams of scientists on marine/resource assessment projects including large-scale restoration projects, resource assessments, water quality studies, and fishery management enhancement projects.
- Writing technical letters, reports, proposals, contracts, and publications.
- Managing and coordinating the delivery of spatial data collected from marine systems.
- Providing updated to ORP Board of Directors.
- Coordinating marketing products and communication with the public.
- Bachelor’s degree in coastal management, marine Science (biology, fisheries, ecology, or estuarine focus), oceanography, or related discipline.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Experience at the supervisory level managing projects and staff resources.
- Proven record of funding awards or business development.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with GIS software (e.g. ArcGIS), conventional databases and geodatabases.
- Coordination of data collection tasks, data management and quality control and assurance objectives.
- Expertise in statistical analysis of datasets.
- Experience working onboard a variety of vessels.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skill.
POSITION STATUS AND BENEFITS
The position is a full-time permanent (40 hours) with full benefits including health, 401K, and paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience. The primary duty station for this position is Annapolis, Maryland. Regular in-state travel to meetings and project locations is required.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Job Opening_ Coastal Restoration Program Manager
No phone calls please
Applications will be accepted through February 12th, 2021.