The Oyster Recovery Partnership (ORP) is a non-profit that provides integrated, multidisciplinary science-based solutions to advance large-scale oyster restoration, oyster aquaculture, and the sustainable management of oysters and other fisheries. ORP has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Program Manager in Annapolis, MD. The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in the field of marine science and program management and administration. He or she will be working with an existing team of scientists and restoration practitioners currently managing a wide range of multidisciplinary projects and programs.
The successful candidate will take a leadership role in ORP’s coastal and fisheries monitoring and restoration programs and will be responsible for program development, personnel supervision, grant management, and coordination with state and federal agencies. A key aspect of this position will be to work with ORP marketing staff to translate program information into outreach and educational materials to promote ORP and partner activities.
The Director of Programs reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the following core organization functions:
- Develop and manage project budgets.
- Develop and managing staff and sub-contractual resources to accomplish annual work and study plans.
- Oversee logistics and coordinate communications for regular staff meetings and board meetings.
- Pursue external capacity building grants and funding to support ORP general operations and applied research program.
- Lead strategic planning initiatives.
- Work with a team to market and promote ORP activities.
Applied Science Support
- Serve as manager and senior scientist in support of applied marine science and oyster restoration programs with varying technical objectives.
- Lead teams of scientists on marine/resource assessment projects including large-scale resource assessments, water quality studies, and fishery management enhancement projects.
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of spatial data collected from marine systems.
- Coordinate vessels of opportunity to support applied marine research.
The incumbent will be self-motivated, self-directed, and possess the ability to make sound project and business decisions. The position requires strong leadership, strategic/critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- PhD. or M.S. degree in Marine Science (biology, fisheries, ecology, or estuarine focus), oceanography, or related discipline.
- 5 to 10 years of experience at the supervisory level managing projects and staff resources.
- Proven record of funding awards or business development.
- Coordination of data collection tasks, data management and quality control and assurance objectives.
- Expertise in statistical analysis of datasets.
- Experience working onboard a variety of boats/ships ranging from in size from 12-40 feet in length within estuarine waterbodies.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skill.
Position Status and Benefits:
The position is a full-time permanent (40 hours) with full benefits including health, 401K, and paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience. The primary duty station for this position is Annapolis, Maryland. Regular in-state travel to meetings and project locations is required.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Attn: Job Opening_ Director of Program Operations
No phone calls please
Applications will be accepted through August 28, 2020.