Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary- Volunteer and Program Coordinator
Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary
April 30, 2019
Location: Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, 1361 Wrighton Road, Lothian MD 20711
Open Period: Monday April 15 – Tuesday April 30, 2019
Base Salary: $14.50 / hr
Position Information: Part-Time (32 hrs/week)
Work Schedule: 2-3 week days and Sundays
▪ Coordinate, recruit, and train volunteers.
▪ Identify and coordinate professional development opportunities for volunteers.
▪ Organize, develop, and lead volunteer opportunities including clean ups, upkeep of Sanctuary’s natural gardens, trail monitoring, goat and turtle husbandry, etc.
▪ Organize and coordinate special events including the Annual Volunteer Social.
▪ Lead and coordinate Sanctuary’s efforts to promote public programming and events through social media, newsletter, newspapers, flyers, etc.
▪ Manage Sanctuary’s website updates, new content, and overall maintenance.
▪ Develop and coordinate public programs for the Sanctuary with staff support. Lead of Jug Bay’s contribution to the County Program Guide.
▪ Lead nature-based educational programs for the public, including canoe guided trips.
▪ Assist with general office duties: greeting visitors, answering phones, e-mails, open and close building, updating public bulletin boards, etc.
▪ B.S./B.A. in Biology, Environmental education, Environmental Science or a related field.
▪ Two years’ experience on nature interpretation and outdoor education preferred.
▪ Experience coordinating/working with volunteers.
▪ Proficiency on Microsoft office suite, Google suite products, and other computer skills.
▪ Experience in the management of website content and other social media outlets.
▪ Excellent communication and writing skills desired.
▪ Willing to work under strenuous weather conditions.
▪ Have a valid driver’s license.
▪ Canoe and kayak experience is a plus.
▪ A demonstrated passion and commitment for the natural world is a must!
About the Sanctuary
The Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary is a 2,000-acre Regional Park in southern Anne Arundel County, Maryland. The Sanctuary is operated by the county’s Department of Recreation and Parks and is part of the Chesapeake Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve in Maryland. The Patuxent River, a major tributary of the Chesapeake Bay, flows through the Sanctuary. Thousands of visitors, school children, university students, and volunteers, along with many government resource agencies and conservation organizations, visit the Sanctuary every year to learn about and study the natural world and to participate in citizen science projects. To learn more about the Sanctuary, please visit our web site at www.jugbay.org.
Please send a cover letter and your resume, along with the names and contact information for three professional references to: Patricia Delgado (Park Superintendent) at: firstname.lastname@example.org.