Are you looking for a flexible, part-time, rewarding job, where you can work from home? Would you like to make a difference Keeping Maryland Beautiful? Join our team as the new Keep Maryland Beautiful Grants Coordinator!
Forever Maryland, launched in 2019 to advance the land conservation movement across the state of Maryland, seeks a dynamic individual with an entrepreneurial, passionate spirit for the role of Keep Maryland Beautiful Grants Coordinator. The objective is to create a powerful statewide grant program that inspires citizen engagement. Grants are given to areas across a diverse constituency.
Working closely with conservation-focused organizations and agencies in the public, private, and voluntary sectors, Forever Maryland is positioned as the only nongovernmental Maryland-specific statewide organization dedicated to support the land conservation community, local and state land trusts, regional conservation alliances, and partner entities to advance Maryland’s land conservation priorities.
Position – Keep Maryland Beautiful Grants Coordinator
Reports to Forever Maryland’s President as the Keep Maryland Beautiful Grants Coordinator. Part-time position, 5-15 hours per week, $20 per hour. Responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the Keep Maryland Beautiful grants program including grant coordination, outreach, communications and administration.
This position will work as an integral member of our small team to engage people and communities in land conservation. Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office) and knowledge of social media required.
- Establish, lead and manage the implementation of the grants.
- Manage the grants software platform Submittable
- Draft Press Releases twice a year
- Promote KMB projects on Forever Maryland’s calendar and on social media
- Draft funding memos to state agencies and coordinate between state agencies
- Lead two KMB Committee meeting twice a year. (Create agendas, wrap-up notes, and action Items)
- Respond to grant applicant questions in a timely manner, within 24hours.
- Work collaboratively to ensure appropriate and necessary policies are followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft skills (Word and Excel)
- Able to complete tasks on time and to follow-up with others to move the KMB timeline forward
- Experience working remotely
- 5-15 hours/week
- Must have a dedicated home work space
- Must be able to attend weekly virtual calls during traditional working hours.
- While this position has flexible hours, the coordinator must be able to respond to grant applicants, from time to time, during traditional work hours via phone and email.To ApplyPlease submit by e-mail a cover letter, CV or resume, and list of three professional references to Info@ForeverMaryland.org and add to the Subline Line: KMB Coordinator Position. Interested candidates are asked to respond by August 15, 2022. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Forever Maryland is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis that is protected by relevant state and federal law.