Receive a $100 sign-on bonus!
This is a full-time 40 hour/week position. The hours are Monday thru Thursday from 7AM-5PM, with occasional Friday hours for weather make-up days. This position offers a salary range of $18-$22/hour including benefits.
- High School or equivalent (required)
- Driver’s license (required)
- Ability to lift 50lbs and work in various weather conditions (required)
- General landscaping experience (required)
- Landscaping leadership experience (preferred)
- Horticulture education (preferred)
- CBLP Certification (desirable)
We are a small, local landscaping, nursery and retail business in Howard County, focusing on native plantings and plant care with ecologically conscious practices. We maintain landscapes through hand weeding, pruning, edging and mulching (we do not offer lawn care services.) We also install various types of landscapes as well as some natural style hardscaping such as flagstone paths, dry laid flagstone patios and small fieldstone stacked walls. Some of the types of landscapes we install include pollinator/wildlife gardens, woodland gardens, rain gardens and conservation landscapes. We also run a native plant nursery and a garden and goods store.
We are currently seeking an individual who shares in our ideals and company values to fill our landscape installation crew lead position. An ideal candidate will be a professional, team leader who possesses a horticulture background either through experience or education and have general, working knowledge of plants and landscaping. Candidate must be punctual, dependable and possess a positive attitude as well as an excellence in communication.
Although previous horticulture leadership experience or education is preferred, we will consider all candidates and can train the right individual.
General Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Providing a high standard of customer service at all times
- Leading and supervising landscape crew in carrying out tasks
- Ensuring that jobs are completed with efficiency and timeliness
- Communicating with clients on site
- Communicating with office and project managers
- Driving company trucks and trailer
- Picking up materials such as plants, mulch, and tools
- Pruning as needed
- Edging and mulching
- Clearing vegetation and sod removal for new garden installations
- Planting and transplanting of trees, shrubs and perennials in existing or new landscapes
- Use and care of necessary hand tools (provided upon hire) and light machinery used for maintaining and installing landscapes
Benefits (after 60 days of employment) include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day)
- Six Paid Personal Days
- Paid Birthday
- Opportunity for Bonuses
Additional Benefits include:
- Employee discount
- Continuing education assistance
- 10 weeks of Unemployment Insurance for those returning the following season
Please email your resume and 3 professional references to: