Receive a $100 sign-on bonus!
This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position. The hours are Monday thru Thursday from 7AM-5PM, with occasional Friday hours for weather make-up days. This position offers a salary range of $15-$18/hour including benefits.
- High School or equivalent (required)
- Driver’s license (required)
- Ability to lift 50lbs and work in various weather conditions (required)
- Horticulture field experience (preferred)
- Horticulture education (preferred)
- General landscaping experience (preferred)
We are a small, local landscaping, nursery and retail business in Howard County, focusing on native plantings and plant care with ecologically conscious practices. We maintain landscapes through hand weeding, pruning, edging and mulching (we do not offer lawn care services.) We also install various types of landscapes as well as some natural style hardscaping such as flagstone paths, dry laid flagstone patios and small fieldstone stacked walls. Some of the types of landscapes we install include pollinator/wildlife gardens, woodland gardens, rain gardens and conservation landscapes. We also run a native plant nursery and a garden and goods store.
We are currently seeking candidates who share in our ideals and company values to fill maintenance and installation crew positions. Ideal applicants are professional, team players who possess a horticulture background either through experience or education and have general, working knowledge of plants and landscaping. Candidates must be punctual, dependable and possess a positive attitude.
Although previous horticulture experience or education is preferred, we will consider all candidates and can train the right individual.
General Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Providing a high standard of customer service at all times
- Following the direction of crew leaders for maintaining and installing landscapes
- Weeding existing gardens
- Pruning as needed
- Edging and mulching
- Clearing vegetation and sod removal for new garden installations
- Planting and transplanting of trees, shrubs and perennials in existing or new landscapes
- Use and care of necessary hand tools (provided upon hire) and light machinery used for maintaining and installing landscapes
- Limited hardscaping duties
Benefits (after 60 days of employment) include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day)
- Six Paid Personal Days
- Paid Birthday
- Opportunity for Bonuses
Additional Benefits include:
- Employee discount
- Continuing education assistance
- 10 weeks of Unemployment Insurance for those returning the following season
Email your resume and 3 professional references to: