Lauren’s Garden Service – Part Time Native Plant Nursery Associate
Lauren's Garden Service
October 31, 2018
Lauren’s Garden Service
2019 Part Time Native Plant Nursery Associate
Training ASAP thru November: 4 hours a week with flexibility
April thru November 2019
We are a small, local, eco-friendly garden company and native plant nursery looking for a nursery assistant to run our Saturday sales and help out with general nursery tasks during the weekdays. We are located in Glenwood, MD. We sell a variety of native perennials, shrubs, and trees, as well as some annuals and garden accents.
We are looking for someone who is available for part time training in October and November, and then available to start fully in April of 2019.
- Water and maintain nursery stock, clientele stock, and container gardens around nursery property.
- Move and organize plant deliveries.
- Prepare for offsite sales and events
- Pick up plant orders from various wholesale nurseries.
- Take accurate inventory to post online.
- Put out road signs for sale
- Help customers choose plants that work for their needs.
- Receive payment through cash, check, or credit card
- Help customers load purchases into their car
- Pick-up road signs
- Take photos of nursery and post on social media for promotion
- Chat with customers and represent our landscaping company
- Knowledge of Maryland native plants
- Ability to accurately assess water needs of plant stock. Know when something is being over watered or not watered enough.
- Reliable transportation to and from work, as well as to pick-up and put out road signs.
- Customer service and retail skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and work in various weather conditions.
Please email your resume and 3 professional references to email@example.com