2019 Part Time Native Plant Nursery Associate, full time if strong in marketing/social media knowledge and experience or can help administrative assistant with office tasks.
Mon-Sat 9am-3pm, Saturdays off in June, July, Aug
April thru end of Oct 2019
We are a small, local, eco-friendly garden company and native plant nursery looking for a nursery assistant to run our Saturday sales and help out with general nursery tasks during the weekdays. We are located in Glenwood, MD. We sell a variety of native perennials, shrubs, and trees, as well as some annuals and garden accents.
We are looking for someone who is available to start in April of 2019.
- Water and maintain nursery stock, clientele stock, and container gardens around nursery property.
- Move and organize plant deliveries.
- Prepare for offsite sales and events
- Pick up plant orders from various wholesale nurseries.
- Take accurate inventory to post online.
- Put out road signs for sale
- Help customers choose plants that work for their needs.
- Receive payment through cash, check, or credit card
- Help customers load purchases into their car
- Pick-up road signs
- Take photos of nursery and post on social media for promotion
- Chat with customers and represent our landscaping company
- Knowledge of Maryland native plants
- Ability to accurately assess water needs of plant stock. Know when something is being over watered or not watered enough.
- Reliable transportation to and from work, as well as to pick-up and put out road signs.
- Customer service and retail skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and work in various weather conditions.
Please email your resume and 3 professional references to email@example.com