Lead Custodian, Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum (St. Michaels)
The Lead Custodian is on the front-line of maintaining CBMM’s reputation as a world-class museum facility, and coordinates with multiple departments to keep buildings and exhibitions clean, orderly, and safe for guests and staff. As head of our custodial team, the Lead Custodian will be responsible for the scheduling of staff and inventory and ordering of janitorial supplies.
With an 18-acre campus, 12 exhibition buildings, and 3 administrative office buildings, all members of our custodial team must be able to walk up and down stairs; withstand working in various outdoor weather conditions; crouch and kneel, lift up to 40 lbs, and climb a ladder in order to be successful in this role. All employees of CBMM must successfully pass a criminal background check and hold a valid license with a clean driving record.
● Coordinates and performs general cleaning and janitorial duties for all buildings (to include interiors and exterior entrance ways).
● Coordinates with Grounds & Equipment Manager (GEM) and curatorial team on best practices for cleaning exhibitions and exhibit items.
● Coordinates and performs minor repair and maintenance such as replacing light bulbs or unclogging pipes.
● Coordinates and performs sanitization procedures for restrooms, common areas, and high touch surfaces.
● Coordinates and provides custodial support for some private events & festivals.
● Ensure a positive interaction with all CBMM guests & volunteers in accordance with our service values.
This position is a full time, nonexempt position of CBMM with an expected minimum work schedule of 40 hours per week.
7:00-3:00 Monday-Friday (Occasional Evenings and Weekends)
All staff are expected to be available to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends. This position is not eligible for remote work.