Founded in 1985, The Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education (MAEOE) is a non-profit
whose mission encourages, engages and empowers the community to understand, responsibly use, and
promote the natural world.
MAEOE is currently seeking an energetic and creative individual to join our dynamic team as Program Director.
The Program Director will play a key leadership role in MAEOE as a manager of our programs. This individual will
develop and deliver projects including Maryland Green Schools, Green Centers, Project Learning Tree and related
training. The Program Director will be responsible for social media, data collection, creating and producing
resources with Green Schools and partner organizations. The Program Director will align MAEOE flagship programs
with environmental education strategy throughout the state including Environmental Literacy, NGSS, STEM, art
integration, and others. Candidates should have 3+ years of experience in environmental/outdoor education and
program development. Experience delivering training is essential. We seek someone who is detail oriented and is
experienced with database or event management software (we currently use CVENT) The Program Director will
report directly to the MAEOE Executive Director as a key member of a small and growing team and will report to the
leadership of MAEOE Committees of the Advisory Council.
▪ Oversee MAEOE program design, logistics, evaluation, and reporting
▪ Grant management including grant identification, proposals, and report writing
▪ Build key partnerships with new and established stakeholders
▪ Participate in organizational growth and program development
▪ Facilitate and organize workshops and training, make presentations
▪ Use database and contribute to website content
▪ Develop marketing materials
▪ Contribute to project and MAEOE monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
▪ Work with the Executive Director to identify and develop sources of funding including grants
▪ Meet the goals outlined in MAEOE’s strategic plan
▪ Work towards the strategic success of the MAEOE mission
▪ Other duties as assigned
▪ 3+ years of experience in environmental/outdoor education, program development
▪ Experience training and facilitating workshops
▪ Demonstrated experience building and managing programs with positive outcomes for participants
▪ An innovative thinker with strong initiative and demonstrated flexibility, able to handle multiple projects in a
fast-paced, evolving environment
▪ Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to solve problems
▪ Demonstrated ability to create and sustain effective collaborations and partnerships
▪ Excellent communication skills—oral, written, and public speaking
▪ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional and life experience required
▪ Experience with MD Green schools or MAEOE Conference is encouraged but not required.
Send cover letter and resume to Laura Johnson Collard via email at email@example.com with Subject Heading: Program Director.