The Howard County Conservancy is a non-profit environmental education center with two locations in Woodstock and Elkridge, MD. We help connect over 35,000 people to nature each year through school programs, summer camp, nature preschool, public programs and our historic Mt. Pleasant Farmstead.
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for developing and posting social media, electronic news and website content. This position is also responsible for marketing of programs and fundraising events to include event logistics support. This is a part-time position of 15-25 hours per week. Most work will be home based, with onsite support at our Woodstock or Elkridge location approximately once per week. Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Conducts a full range of activities required to market programs and events.
- Utilizes social media, e-news, website and promotional materials to support the mission of the organization and promote programs.
- Manages visual documentation and photo resources
- Develops engaging content for nature based education posts
- Compiles monthly newsletter using Constant Contact and our CRM interface
- Creates high quality content using Canva
- Posts event information to sites including social media and online listings
- Writes press releases and creates background materials
- Supports marketing and fundraising campaigns, grants and events by coordinating logistics, conducting research and using online auction systems
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, design or other related field of study.
- Strong writing and experience required
- A detailed oriented self-starter capable of executing an array of tasks.
- An ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects/deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Experience with G-Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Canva and Constant Contact desirable.
- Pay: $19-22 per hour
- pre tax IRA plan with a 3% fully vested match to all employees who earn more than $5,000 in any calendar year.
Email cover letter, resume and two writing samples by May 8th, 2022 to Lauren Nelson, Development and Marketing Manager (Lauren.email@example.com)