Irvine Nature Center is a non-profit educational organization that offers programs of environmental studies and natural science to children and adults of the greater Baltimore area. Our mission is to educate and inspire current and future generations to explore, respect and protect nature.
This internship is UNPAID, but eligible for academic or course credit if approved by your educational institution. Interns assist the Director of Marketing and Communications in daily routine including but not limited to:
• Drafting vibrant and purposeful brochures, flyers and other marketing collateral.
• Creating content for social media, using all available resources and techniques.
• Creating copy and promoting press releases to encourage media participating.
• Photographing and filming weekday and weekend programs, animals, trails, and events.
• Editing InDesign and Photoshop files.
• Organizing and updating Irvine’s searchable photo catalog.
• Prepare for the relaunch of the quarterly member newsletter, including writing, editing and design.
• Representing Irvine at area events, including strategic farmer’s markets and seasonal fairs.
• Ability to work reliably, efficiently and independently is a must.
• Experience with marketing copy, media relations and social media preferred.
• Photography and video skills desired.
• Demonstrable production with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop.
• Impeccable writing, speaking and other communication skills
• Undergraduate student pursuing major(s) in marketing, communications, PR, graphic design, photography, or related subjects. Interest in nature, environmental education or related topics is a plus.
• Flexible schedule; Preferably 10-15 hours a week, multiple days
• Monday – Friday availability
• Must be available between the hours of 9am-5pm
• Create a communications calendar, identifying relevant content opportunities that align with Irvine’s goals and priorities. Prepare and develop a content vault for future use.
TO APPLY: Please fill out the Volunteer Application on our website at https://www.explorenature.org/get-involved/volunteer/ before sending your resume and three references to our Volunteer Coordinator, Maggie Winkler, at WinklerM@ExploreNature.org.