Marketing & Customer Service Associate – Environmental Law Institute
November 25, 2019
Are you a skilled marketer looking to effect positive change in this world? If so, the Environmental Law Institute may have the perfect job for you. ELI is looking for an engaging, customer-centric, highly organized, and skilled marketing and customer service associate to help us fulfill our mission of fostering innovative, just, and practical law and policy solutions to enable leaders across borders and sectors to make environmental, economic, and social progress. While the associate will engage with the entire staff of ELI, the associate’s primary focus will be on ELI’s highly respected publications, which educate, inform, and inspire environmental law and policy professionals across the globe.
Since 1969, ELI has played a pivotal role in shaping the fields of environmental law, policy, and management, domestically and abroad. ELI is an internationally recognized, non-partisan research and education center working to strengthen environmental protection by improving law and governance worldwide.
The Marketing and Customer Service Associate’s responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies to attract new subscribers and retain existing ones via email, phone, demonstrations/exhibits, social media, direct mail, and/or other avenues;
- Managing subscriptions to the Environmental Law Reporter and its suite of products;
- Tracking ELI Press book sales and inventory and calculating author royalties;
- Assisting publications and communications departments as needed;
- Providing general customer service support; and
- Overseeing interns on tasks related to publications or marketing.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Baseline knowledge of, or interest in, environmental law and policy
- Strong marketing skills
- Experience with Drupal, CiviCRM, and social media a plus
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to simultaneously plan and manage multiple projects
- Superb attention to detail and ability to reliably adhere to deadlines
- Strong communication skills including writing, social media, and verbal communication
- Accurate and reliable data entry skills
- Proficiency with standard office software, including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to:
- represent ELI publicly in a manner consistent with our mission and values
- manage projects effectively and efficiently while producing high-quality deliverables
- collaborate effectively with others
- effectively manage multiple projects and establish priorities with moderate supervision
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or equivalent experience: Bachelors or equivalent degree
- Years of experience: One or more years in the marketing field (internship experience included)
$40,000 annual salary, with excellent benefits including:
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer paid life insurance & disability insurance
- Long Term Care insurance
- Pre-tax transportation benefit
- Fitness Incentive
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Account with employer match
- Paid time off
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND DEADLINE
Submit an application package via ELI’s online application system. Simply visit https://www.eli.org/employment to get started. Note that your submission must contain the following uploaded documents (Word or PDF format), as follows:
- Cover letter, addressing your personal goals and interests, as well as your experience and interest in carrying out the duties outlined above.
- Current resume
Applications must be submitted no later than Monday, November 25, 2019. You must use ELI’s online application system; ELI cannot accept applications submitted by email, USPS or other shipping service, or hand delivery. No phone calls, please.
ELI is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to achieving an inclusive, diverse workforce that values every individual. We firmly believe that hiring individuals with varying perspectives and backgrounds contributes to our success as an organization, and we strive to create an environment that fosters inclusiveness. As such, minority candidates and candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.