This is a temporary (March – May 2019), contractual position that will work closely with the Technology and Quality Control Manager to implement recordkeeping protocols and procedures at Maryland Environmental Trust (MET). The Interim Records Specialist position is essential in implementing policies and protocols to ensure that MET’s recordkeeping practices conform to State of Maryland requirements and are in accordance with Land Trust Alliance Standards and Practices. The Records Specialist will implement recordkeeping protocols and procedures, including preparing essential documents for digital archiving and culling non-essential documents in easement and stewardship files.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Filing and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to operate office equipment including scanners, copiers, and windows computers/laptops
- Experience working with land trusts and/or real estate real estate documents helpful but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 0-2 years of experience in administrative/clerical, business administration, communications, environmental science or policy
- Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered – please include it in your application materials, if applicable
Compensation: An hourly rate ($15/hr) will be paid for about 200 hours.
Work Schedule: This is a temporary, part time position, (12-24 hours per week, Monday- Friday) without benefits.
Work Location: The Interim Records Specialist will be a contractual employee of Maryland Environmental Trust based at 100 Community Place, Crownsville, MD 21032. A background check is required prior to employment.