Join us. Do work that matters!
In partnership with the US Forest Service, MobilizeGreen is seeking a Project Leader for the Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) program during the summer of 2019. The MobilizeGreen-Forest Service YCC program includes multiple three-week residential programs for diverse young people between the ages of 15 and 18 years of age where members live and work together as a team. The Project Leader is responsible for on the ground operations and program support of the YCC program based in the Monongahela National Forest. This includes providing support to a team of crew leaders and high school students working on conservation-related projects together during the day and participating in environmental education, personal development opportunities, and outdoor recreation activities during the evenings and weekends. The Project Leader will represent MobilizeGreen on site and will coordinate with Forest Service Partners on work projects, environmental education and recreation activities.
Term: 10 weeks total; the project leader will work remotely prior to the program start and will live and work on-site June 1st -July 31st, 2019.
- $800/week stipend
- Housing and food provided on-site
- Hands-on training and learning experience
- Travel Reimbursement for travel to and from site
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Management
- Lead and mentor up to 4 crew leaders and 50 students during 8-week YCC program providing support as needed
- Provide an emotionally and physically safe environment in accordance with the MobilizeGreen Field Operations Standards
- Facilitate program operations in conjunction with MobilizeGreen and US Forest Service (USFS) staff
- With USFS and YCC staff lead planning, coordination and scheduling of Environmental Education lessons, leadership activities and recreational programming
- Serve as an alternate crew leader as needed
- Lead regular on-site crew leader check-ins and member check-ins as needed
- Project and Partnership Representative
- Serve as site liaison with USFS and other agency partners to coordinate all logistical and operational work and how it relates to the project and the crew.
- Provide technical assistance to crew when appropriate
- Ensure all project related reporting is completed in a timely manner
- Program Administrator
- Work with crew leaders to ensure all program paperwork and reporting is completed in a timely manner.
- Communicate with MobilizeGreen and USFS field staff as required and as needed to report incidents & near misses and provide program updates.
- Assist with logistical support and planning for Crew Leader training
- Assist with curriculum development
- Asist with managing social media and telling the YCC story
Requirements During Term of Service:
- Uphold and act in accordance with the MobilizeGreen Field Operations Standards
- Communicate effectively with MobilizeGreen staff, agency partners, and crew leaders during pre-program responsibilities.
- Participate fully in Crew Leader Orientation and any additional trainings.
- Maintain positive relationship with agency partners.
- Provide emotionally and physically safe environment for members.
- Complete weekly check-ins with MobilizeGreen staff.
- Complete all necessary post-program paperwork, including a phone evaluation with MobilizeGreen Staff.
- Must be legally able to work in the US
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to perform manual and physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and lift and/or move 40 pounds or more when required.
- Must pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification as of June 1, 2019. Wilderness First Aid or Responder preferred.
- Youth/Young Adult Programming- Documented experience working with youth or young adults in a leadership role
- Outdoor Education / Skills- Experience
- Conservation Project Skills
HOW TO APPLY
This position may be filled prior to the application close date.
For more information please visit: https://www.mobilizegreen.org/