NCEL is 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering, connecting, and assisting environmentally committed state legislators nationwide.
NCEL is currently seeking an Operations Coordinator to assist our team and bolster our organizational capacity. This position is located at NCEL’s DC office in Georgetown.
The Operations Coordinator, part of the administrative team, reports to NCEL’s Executive Director. The Operations Coordinator supports this work through a mix of accounting and bookkeeping, event coordination, and administrative tasks.
Position Description — NCEL’s Operations Coordinator will:
- Directly support staff members administratively
- Manage and execute event planning for national, regional, and in-state meetings
- Contribute to the organization’s priority setting process and fundraising
- Schedule staff/member/expert travel arrangements for certain events
- Manage hiring process of new staff, interns, contractors
- Manage selected membership communications and maintain member database
- Assist with IT duties, including website maintenance, routine maintenance of printers and technology
- Assist on technical preparation of documents, spreadsheets, blogs, reports
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Coordinate task management software
- Manage incoming and outgoing invoices
- Assist with budgeting
- Manage phone system, answer and route calls; take notes at meetings
- Manage records retention and records system refinement, file paper and electronic documents
- Work directly with vendors and contractors
- Assist with office space improvements and procure materials for office operations
- Send, open and distribute mail
- Assist with basic HR duties, including hiring paperwork and PTO tracking
- Prior experience, college credits, or better, with any accounting credential.
Prior experience in human resources / personnel / payroll desired. SHRM credential a plus.
An understanding of and passion for environmental issues
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency using Macs, Word, Excel, and Google Docs
- Proficiency using Quickbooks
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to both work independently and be a good team player
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a changing environment
- Commitment to working collaboratively with a wide, diverse range of partners and colleagues
- Willingness to travel domestically 2-4 times a year
Bonus Qualifications – not required but each individual qualification adds value to your application
- Proficiency in WordPress
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Computer/technology troubleshooting skills
- Graphic design skills
- Social media experience
Compensation and Benefits — Salary is on a competitive non-profit scale, $40,000+, and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. NCEL offers an excellent employer paid benefits package and a collaborative work environment.
To Apply — Please send a single PDF document with your resume, brief cover letter, salary requirements, and the names and contact information of three references to NCEL at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Operations Coordinator 2018”. All communications will be treated confidentially. Resume reviews begin immediately.
NCEL is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from groups that have been historically under-represented, including but not limited to women and people of color. NCEL makes hiring decisions without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.