The Natural History Society of Maryland is looking for a part time program coordinator to organize, schedule, and advertise our on-site programs. The majority of on-site programs take place on weekday evenings and Saturdays.
The ideal person for this position will have good organizational skills, love interacting with people, and have a strong desire to connect people to the natural world. He/she will have good computer skills and provide their own laptop. Pay is $15.00 per hour.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Develop the year’s programs with the programs committee
- Communicate with experts (speakers/presenters/researchers/others)
- Set dates and times for programs
- Answer emails from experts and members in a reasonable timeframe
- Work with experts to make sure they have what they need for their presentation (i.e. thumbdrives, projectors, speakers, sign-in sheets, etc . . .)
- Assist expert in writing program description for promotional purposes
- Maintain the programs Google calendar
- Advertise programs on social media
- Maintain a list of programs for each month so they can be sent to other organizations and used in the NHSM newsletter and email communications
- Welcome guests and introduce speakers/leaders or arrange for someone to do so
- Coordinate volunteers for programs
- Arrange setup and cleanup of program space
- Maintain a Google Drive folder of program data, such as presenters/leaders, number of participants, etc…
- Work approx. 16 hours a week
- Work mainly from home but will be required to meet once a week for 2-4 hours for planning sessions
To apply send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.