Minimum Age: 55
- HS/GED Degree OR Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience in agricultural-related field.
- Experience required with Windows, Fax, Copying Machine, MS Word, MS Excel
uses of telephone
- Assists soil conservationist or soil conservation technician with survey, design, installation, checkout and follow-up (including annual review) for practices in Conservation Technical Assistance, EQIP, CRP/CREP , RCPP and CSP program contracts in accordance with NRCS standards and specifications . Also assists with various outreach activities and contract management and support, including, but not limited resource inventory and map production, working with conservation plans, contract folder assembly, uploading contract documents to the generation of payment forms and following procedures to ensure proper signatures and then sending to Financial Management in Richmond processing, and other duties as assigned and necessary.
Assist soil conservationist in field office with producer conservation needs and conservation plan development, including but not limited to : cost estimates, resource inventories, running assessment tools and collecting information for cultural resources reviews. Distribute outreach materials to various individuals and groups as needed when participating in outreach events. 20%
- Assist staff with creating necessary maps and documents needed for producers, such as soils maps technical soils descriptions, EAPs and RUSLE2 reports for active contracts and applications 20%
- Assist field staff with inspecting, certifying and checking out completed practices, estimating planned practices, and other field work as needed to assist producers. This may include, but not be limited to, using GPS, survey equipment and/or measuring wheel to ensure accuracy. 20%
- Assist field office with whatever documentation is needed to apy for completed practices, such as generating 1245 forms from Protracts for payments, making phone calls to producers to schedule time to sign documents, fax/scan/upload payment documents to Area reviewers and send reminder letters. 20%
- Assist field staff with the necessary documents required to put together clients’ six-part contract folders, and getting them ready to move from pre-obligations to obligated contracts. This will include uploading documents to the DMS, getting landowner signatures, coordinating with FSA on producers records. Other duties as assigned. 20%
- Computer security, annual ethics, civil rights training, etc. Complete Annual Computer Security & Privacy Basics Training
- On-the-job training will be provided in survey, installation and follow-up conservation practices; Customer Service Toolkit, and ProTracts.
- Health and Safety Considerations: Enrollee must ensure safety and health precautions are adhered to including reporting safety hazards, wearing seatbelts in automobiles, wearing hardhats on construction sites, and following biosecurity procedures as directed, etc.
Required Safety Gear: Hard hats are required on construction sites.
Safety Gear Use: The work may involve exposure to operating agricultural equipment or earth moving operations, adverse weather conditions such as extreme heat and unimproved roads. Protective equipment is necessary on constructions sites.
TO APPLY: https://www.nowcc.org/states-with-open-positions/position-details/?position_id=4818